Wednesday, 4 January 2012

Natural beauty... it's about time!

An important issue that had to be raised so i thought of doing a little post of how far women have gone to become 'beautiful' Its been many years since us women have been critical on our own looks and we see others and pin point their plus points e.g. wow! her legs are so thin or wow! look at her fair complexion. Its about time we stopped looking for flaws in ourselves and started looking for features we like and appreciate. Unfortunately in the Asian society we are constantly commented on how we look or dress and i have been through it myself and it does nothing but make me feel down and it makes me consider one of them crash diets to become the ultimate slim trim and beautiful person.

These are just perceptions of the society  and the media doesn't help since it portrays our fave celebs looking thin and are considered 'beautiful' 
One of the biggest issues in the Asian community is how fair the girl is... apparently the more fair you are the more beautiful you are.. CRAZY isn't it... surely doesn't ones character and heart should be the only things that should be judged. 

I fell into a vicious circle while back where i started using lightening creams the famous ones are from the brands fair and lovely and Pharmaclinix's lightenex (pictured below)








These creams ranges from £4.00 to £40.00
They do work gradually but do you really see the point of using these when inner beauty should be counted for first.

I went through alot of body issues lately and felt that size 10 was too big and wanted to drop down to size 6.. Why? simply because i didn't feel beautiful. I guess it's one of those things where it is like a competition... who's the thinnest? who's the fairest?
I decided to bin my fairness cream and just concentrate on my body simply for keeping fit not for loosing weight. 


“Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart.” ~Kahlil Gibran 



“Even the models we see in magazines wish they could look like their own images.” ~Cheri K. Erdman. 


"I've never felt a push to be stick thin. I work out and eat healthy, so mostly it's about being in shape and having energy." ~Lauren Conrad


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments and I do read each and every one. I also reply to each of your comments within a day or two so do check back. Any urgent enquiries, feel free to send me an email or message me on twitter @theycallme_zara