Sunday, 27 November 2011

Vintage book - Every woman's luck book

During a visit to the library i found this book and the design caught my eye. This book is actually about a 1930s perspective on MEN. The book answers these main five questions. Do you need a man? what does the future hold for you? would you like to control your destiny? what do men really think? and can you change your luck?
I found this book interesting because it shows a typical woman in the 1930s and how she would think towards men. i also found the vintage images very intriguing. the book also has quizzes and little games for you to try out. It even has images to tell your fortune! (from tea leaves) I don't believe in this but it was interesting to see. They also have included and interesting poem on wedding dresses and how to choose a colour for your wedding i thought this was hilarious because surely no colour can affect your fate. Here are some snapshots of the book.





















Here is that poem i mentioned earlier about wedding dresses.
Married in white, you have chosen aright.
Married in green, ashamed to be seen.
Married in grey, you will go far away.
Married in red, you will wish yourself dead.
Married in blue, love ever true.
Married in yellow, ashamed of your fellow.
Married in black, you will wish yourself back.
Married in pink, your spirits will sink.
Married in brown, you'll live out of town.
Married in pearl, you'll live in a whirl.

I would definitely recommend this fine yet hilarious read. You might not even put the book down. till you reach the end :p

2 comments:

  1. My Grandmother gave me a very aged original copy of this when I was younger and my Mum threw it out without me knowing because the pages were falling out, I was so annoyed as I had many fond memories of visiting my Nan and looking at this book with her.... recently I found it on Amazon and ordered it. Its a lovely book and very interesting look into the past.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jessica F awww bless ya! i borrowed this from the library and i found it to be very quirky and interesting to read <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments and I do read each and every one. I also reply to each of your comments within a day or two so do check back. Any urgent enquiries, feel free to send me an email or message me on twitter @theycallme_zara